Saturday, December 01, 2007

Month of music: Duran Duran

I still get slightly breathless watching them (and Adam Ant, of course) in action. Good grief, when I was 12, I never noticed how much dark-haired Simon LeBon looked like Elvis... but I sure see it now. I guess he lightened his hair so much after this that the resemblance was lost, and that's a pity. There's nothing wrong with lookin' like the King, nothing at all.

Simon couldn't really dance, British boy that he was, but he had the lips and a bit of Elvis swivel going on, and that was enough. Here's "Planet Earth".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do not read your blog but after our conversation Sat. I decided to check it out. Here are a couple of other musicians from back in the day who in my opinion had a little Elvis in them and get me all excited just by the lyrics:
Charlie Sexton- Hold Me
Billy Idol- To be a Lover
I do not know how to send videos so I will leave that up to you to check out