Friday, December 21, 2007

Third u/s

I had my last appointment with my RE this morning, and it was weird to realize that I won't be going back to that office for a long time, if ever.

Baby Juniper surprised all of us, and proved that I was right about how far along I'm supposed to be. Both the RE and the u/s tech said that a measurement at this point (7-8 weeks) would be more accurate than the measurements a couple of weeks ago. If you remember, the measurements two weeks ago put me almost a week behind, and would have made me 7w5d today.

Well, Juniper was nicely spread out, head and bottom clearly seen (not to mention arm and leg buds), so the sonographer got a great view to measure CRL. She also did the sac size, yolk sac, and checked out my hematoma. She even looked at my ovaries, which the other tech hadn't done in my previous ultrasounds.

The final verdict was 8w4d, with a variance of +/- 2 days. I reminded my RE that by ovulation I should be 8w2d, and he agreed that that was a perfect dating for me; he also gave me back my original due date. So here's all the info I remember from today's final RE visit:

8w2d ultrasound
CRL= 18.3 mm (measuring 8w4d)
FHR (fetal heart rate)= 169 bpm
EDD= 7/30/08

My hematoma is below the baby, close to my cervix, and is smaller than it was 2 weeks ago. My RE is completely unconcerned about it, but says that I'm free to come in or call if I experience any more bleeding or spotting. In the last 2 weeks, I've only had 1 solitary dot of brown-tinged cm, so I'm feeling pretty good. RE also says that at this point, considering growth, heartrate, and all that good stuff, I have a less than 5% chance of miscarriage, even with my spotting episodes, so that's reassuring.

So now... it's off to the OB!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, I'm so happy for you. It's such an exciting time.

Me said...

WOOT!!!

bleu said...

Congrats, that is just so exciting!!

battynurse said...

How exciting!!! And love the U/S pics. That is so cool.