Friday, December 28, 2007

First OB Visit

My first official OB appointment went well this morning, except for the fact that it was about -40 degrees F in the office. The initial tests showed NO signs of infection, not even a yeastie beastie. Yay! However, the NP is sending specimens off to the lab just to be absolutely sure.

Because I like free stuff, I signed up for the Sim.ilac baby club thing. As a first trimester sign-up, I was supposed to get a free pregnancy journal, but my doc's office was out of those, so I got the third tri sign-up gift of a travel/toiletry rollbag. And it had a big bottle of RTF formula inside, which will thankfully still be good when Juniper comes along.

This is still so surreal to me, people. It's like I told the nurse today, "I'm an expert in TTC, but this whole pregnancy thing? This is a completely new ballgame." I'm 9 weeks pregnant, have had 2 betas and 3 ultrasounds, and still don't quite 100% believe that there is a baby inside me. It still just doesn't seem completely real. I'm stupidly happy, but still somewhat stunned.

I think that my starting to sign up for pregnancy and baby clubs/offers is my first step towards true acceptance and belief. At first I was too afraid, as if I would be jinxing myself if I started that stuff too early. Now, though, I've decided that I am pregnant, and so deserve to indulge myself in all the silly things I've always wanted to do. Coupons, samples, free baby stuff? Send it my way! I want it all! If Something Bad happens, then I'll have a lot of free stuff to pass on to Lila. See, it's all nice and macabre and normal.

3 comments:

Me said...

;-)

I'm glad you're starting to enjoy it!

battynurse said...

Glad the OB appt went well and they didn't find anything so far. Free stuff is cool. It's kind of sad that many of us in the IF world hesitate to do stuff (like sign up for freebies) that most women wouldn't hesitate to do. It feels hard to have too much hope. Hang in there though and hope that any cultures etc come back clean.

Anonymous said...

Weenie juice on your cookie would be HOW you ended up pregnant, right?