Monday, December 17, 2007

Embryo nicknames

In response to some name comments: I have no idea why, and of course there is a 50% chance I'm wrong, but I have been feeling "boy" from the moment I discovered I was pregnant. That's why all the nicknames I come up with are masculine; feminine names don't even register in my mind, because of course it's a boy.

I always thought I'd prefer a girl if/when I ever had a child. Now that I'm pregnant and for some reason think it's male, I'm excited about the prospect. I guess, to be honest, I don't really care about gender as much as I thought I did. I'll want to know what the gender is, of course; it just won't be a disappointment, whatever the tech says!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You already know this but I felt EXACTLY the same way in the beginning. I thought, "I want a girl!" but when the U/S tech. said, "I'd bet the farm it's a boy", then I was all, "I want a boy!"
Heh - funny how our minds work, huh?

Me said...

I'm not sure if my vote counts in the Cosmos but I hope it is a girl b/c I want to see your firey spirit passed into the next generation of females! You rock!

battynurse said...

Isnt that funny how this soon you have a feeling what it is. It will be interesting to see if that feeling changes as things progress. I know for the longest time I was so convinced I wanted a girl I almost went for the special washing process to increase chances for a girl. Then I realized that I just wanted to be a mom and I really didn't care if it was a boy or girl.

BOOM said...

Just super happy for you... I've been waiting to see the good news w/you for some time...