Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Repeat beta at 18 days after

I've come down with a cold, and so actually managed to sleep last night from sheer exhaustion and illness. Part of me thinks that's just funny. Anyway, I scraped myself out of bed this morning and headed to the RE's office for another follow-up beta. My result was an irritating 10.

Irritating because if even though I know it's a great number--down from 135 result from twelve days ago-- I really wanted it to be truly negative, in the range of 0-5. I know the hCG is almost completely gone, but it's just hanging on too long. I need the closure of a post-m/c period, and the longer it takes my hCG levels to drop, the longer it'll take for my period to come.

Because I'm a nerd, here's how my beta levels have dropped; ie, I've done the reverse of the usual doubling calculator, to see how quickly my numbers are halving.

1/12/08 beta= 3,535
1/18/08 beta= 135 (1.27 days half-life)
1/30/08 beta= 10 (3.19 half-life)

And now, I have to go to sleep, because the Ny.Quil is kicking in.

5 comments:

bleu said...

So sorry you are sick but so so so glad you are getting some sleep.

Damn that pesky hcg, I really hope you get some flow closure soon.

battynurse said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. Also hope that by the next beta check that the hcg is gone and that you can sort of move on.

kittenroar5 said...

nyquil rocks. really. and tylenol pm. i'm not much of a pill popper, but i can make exceptions for these.

my beta was 23 8 days past. i'm not testing again until 2/15, because i have a feeling mine is going to linger and the opposite doubling time sucks.

hope you are sleeping easily. and peacefully.

Anonymous said...

Sorry you are not sleeping. I have a bottle of wine I would love to split with you! Hope you are feeling better soon. I miss you.

kittenroar5 said...

thinking of you.