Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year's Naps!

Another new year, another month of accidentally writing the wrong date on everything until I remember that it's 2008 instead of 2007.

Last night was a wonderful low-key evening with friends. We hung out, talked a lot of schmack, cracked jokes, the usual. I stayed out way too late, dragging my tired self home at 1:30 am. No wonder it's only noon and I want a nap!

By the way, I think napping is wasted on the young. Little kids fight naps like crazy, as if they will DIE if they have to sleep and miss something. Meanwhile, moat adults I know would KILL to "have" to take a nap midday, everyday.

"Hey, Bob, can I get that report from you a little early? I have that meeting with Diamondcorp at 3, and I need to go over it before the presentation."

Bob winces and replies sheepishly, "Gosh, Joe, I'd love to have it for you early, but I need about another hour to finish it... and unfortunately, it's naptime."

Joe smacks himself on the forehead. "What was I thinking?!? Hey, do you mind if I stretch out on your loveseat? I don't really want to have to wait for an elevator to get back to my office for my nap."


Anyway, cracked-outness aside, I wish you all a very happy new year, filled with love and health.

::

Oh! Last but not least, a very special congratulations to Cali, who is pregnant after a very long, very trying journey to reach that point.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the shout out! I so hope it lasts.

& HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
xo

Unknown said...

I had a great time hanging out with you! Even though I needed a nap yesterday myself! Happy New Year.

Barb said...

ah for that to be our reality.