Wednesday, July 09, 2008

TGI Humpday

Thanks to the stellar suggestions of several friends, I've been looking into several dietary websites where you can keep an online food diary. I have, quite magnanimously, decided to join one of those to keep track of my sodium intake, so I don't bore you all to death with numbers and whining about how hard it is to budget out my sodium over the day.

While still swollen, my ankles are not as big tonight as they usually are by the end of the day. I don't know if it's a real effect from my lowered sodium diet, seeing as it's only been about 5 days, but I'm a bit stoked to see a reduction. I'm just hoping this is a real trend, and not just a temporary aberration.

::

On a completely unrelated note, I have to ask: am I the only person in America who is sick of all the reality and competition television shows in primetime? I can't stand any of 'em. I don't care who can sing, dance, cook, lose the most weight, do standup, or sashay Shante better than the other contestants. If this tells you anything, I have never watched an entire episode of American Idol. When people talk about the shows and the folks on them, I never have a clue who they're talking about. Most of the time, I'm popping in a DVD to save me from "Dancing with Hell's Biggest Survivor Top Talent Idol".

By the same token, I'm also sick of the 5 billion cop/lawyer shows out there. And of course, to make my life complete, my mum loves them all. Allllllll of them. I'm just waiting for there to be a "CSI: Graceland", where an Elvis impersonator-turned-cop specializes in investigating crimes while in full regalia, sneer not optional. As with all such shows, there have to be exciting opening sequences showing scenic landmarks, such as the gates of Graceland, the Pyramid, and Neely's BBQ. I would actually watch a show with The King-- or even a pseudo King-- solving crimes here in the BBQ capitol whilst sporting polyester & sequins.

4 comments:

Me said...

I've never watched an entire episode of Idol either. And I don't watch reality shows in genera... of course I only watch about 2 hours of TV a month... but if I did watch more I wouldn't watch that crap. At least I don't think so.

battynurse said...

Glad the swelling is improving. And I am totally with you on all the stupid reality TV shows. I hate them and refuse to watch them. Hence I haven't hardly turned my TV on since like May. I do admit though that I love all the cop/crime shows. NCIS, CSI, SVU all of them.

Penny said...

Not a reality show fan either. I don't know who's who to beat the band.

Carla said...

"where an Elvis impersonator-turned-cop specializes in investigating crimes while in full regalia, sneer not optional."

This was called Bubba Ho-Tep.