Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Mark Ronson: "Stop Me"

I met my friend Lila for lunch today at our favorite pseudo-Cajun restaurant. While we were catching up, I heard the familiar strains of a Smiths' song... but different. But I knew the song that was on, and it plagued me enough to get the waiter to check the system to find out who it was. I remembered that I'd heard the song while I was in England earlier in the year, and now that I'd heard it again I couldn't get that sound out of my head. I came home, G**gled it, and have spent the last 2 hours listening to/watching this song. The Smiths+The Supremes+Some contemporary beats= LURV!

1 comment:

Mama Shel said...

Sweet.

Now if only you would post a link to the Amy Winehouse video, my day would be complete.

BTW, lunch was awesome, as was to be expected. ;)