Thursday, August 23, 2007

Where's my freakin' egg?!?

Missing: One egg, quality unknown. May have accomplices. Exact location unknown, but suspected to be clinging stubbornly to an ovary.

Yes, I’m on cd22, with no egg in sight. My cm is at the right stage, and has been for a freakin’ week. I’ve had the usual sensations of ovarian bloating and the like, and I should have ovulated, at latest, 3-4 days ago. But I got nuthin’.

I’m trying to be patient, since I realized that with the exception of one “break” cycle a few months ago, this is my first natural, unmedicated cycle in about 8 months. The crappy thing though, is that before I started the meds, my ovulation was predictable and would have happened by now. So I kinda feel like I’m damned if I do, damned if I don’t. Stupid ovaries.

I got spoiled with u/s and trigger. It’s so convenient, having someone take a look with the dildo-cam, and just TELLING you when you have an egg ready. Then you take a shot, and blammo! Ovulation. There’s no guesswork, no peeing on sticks, no need to temp (even though I do anyway). Now that I’m back to TTC “old skool”, I have to say I’m not too fond of this. I feel like an accountant who had their computer taken away, and now has to use an abacus.

Well, guess I better see if I can get some stick peeing done, and find out if I’m even remotely close to ovulating. Nothing says TTC like a mound of crumpled Dixie cups in the bathroom wastebasket.

2 comments:

battynurse said...

Sorry, I hope it shows up soon. It's amazing what all the meds do to our bodies.

Anonymous said...

Any news yet??