Sunday, September 09, 2007

Here we go again!

Depending on what happens, today is either going to be 16dpo, or cd1. Either way, though, this cycle is dead and just doesn't know when to stop. My lovely high LP temps are gone, and I'm back to my usual FP temps. And to top it off, I had a bout of horrendously painful cramping last night, while in the middle of a lovely sushi dinner with girlfriends. I ended up sucking it up as long as I could, but as soon as it was politely possible I got my check, paid, and left before dessert.

I know it's a case of "the grass is always greener", but sometimes I hate that I have such a long LP. I mean, I'll probably come on today, but still. I'm 16dpo, and I'm not even on any drugs. WTF?!? Even though I know better, since my temps have dropped to bargain-basement lows, having a long LP still engenders just a little bit of hope. Every day past 14, a tiny little flicker of that bastard hope lingers. Maybe I was mouth breathing, that's why my temps are low; surely they'll go back up tomorrow, right? I know better.

~*~*~*~*~

On a completely unrelated note, am I the only one who thinks its a bit odd, the way that a lot of married women have their husbands present for all their tests and appointments? I'm not talking about the big stuff. I mean, I know and understand that IF in a couple affects both of them, and it's great that the partners get involved and offer support. If I were married and going through IVF, sure, I'd want my husband there for ER and ET.

But I mean they try to have the hubbies there for everything. Consults, regular pelvic exams, follicular check u/s, bloodwork, HSGs, the whole kit and caboodle. I really think it's creepy. Maybe it's because I'm single, I don't know. But I've thought about it, trying to put myself into their situation... and I still don't think I'd want or need my theoretical-husband there while I just getting a pap smear.

~*~*~*~*~

I had to pause in my typing to go pee. Guess what? It's cd1.

7 comments:

Babe* said...

Awww I am so sorry it's cd1. I'm sending you lots of hugs.

I agree about it being creepy that Dh goes with "you" to every appt. The only time Dh goes with me is during consult appointments. Any other time, he is told he's not welcome.

Anonymous said...

I don't know which is more creepy: the husband going with you for a pelvic exam or the MD praying with you before the pelvic exam. I don't tell my husband about any of my medical appointments until after they happen. The one time I told him about an atypical event, he insisted on 'going with' and I spent most of my time calming him, not focussed on my health care. But maybe it's a different environment for the couples that are trying conceive? :-)

Debbe

battynurse said...

Oh yeah I agree on the doctors appointment thing. I would definitely not want my husband/significant other present for pap smears or dates with the dildo cam.
I also know what you mean about hope. I do that every month that I TTC. Keep thinking "yeah the pregnancy test was negative but it could still turn positive" or whatever until AF shows. Sorry she showed for you.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about cd1...i guess if nothing else you can be optimistic about a new cycle. Unfortunately, last month i never O'd and, knowing my cycles, may not have another cd1 for months. :(
i have to admit i try to drag my partner to most of my appointments, but so far all i've really had are ultrasounds and IUIs. i like a hand to hold...

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,

I just wanted to comment that I also think it's WEIRD that someone would want their DH there at a pap, but hey...who am I to judge, right? BUT, I will say that I didn't ever care if DH came to routine u/s's and whatnot...until the last one--when the dr. told me baby had died...I really needed someone there with me. So I kinda learned my lesson...it's better in a case like that to err on the side of caution. So when I was scheduled for my HSG I def wanted DH there in case my dr. was like, Uh, you are so messed up, you'll never carry a child to full-term. But that's really the only reason I could see needing him there, ya know.

Also, I am sooo sorry about CD1. It just sucks that those who would be such good mothers aren't!!!!

(Molly)

Barb said...

My DH doesn't generally even want to go.

Me said...

#1 My LP is generally 14 - 15 days and I b!tch and moan about that. I've noticed (and commented) on your heinously long LP before. I'm sure it has to suck!

#2 My DH only went to one of my RE appointments - an IUI. First he had to make his deposit at the same place. Second, I thought it would be good for him to see what is involved in an IUI. Let me tell you he was surprised! ;-)

#3 CD1 sucks. That means it's time to open a new bottle of wine!