Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Humpday Humpable: Adam Ant

I know I'm showing my age, but I can't help it. When I was but a prepubescent girl, this man lit the first sparks to tingle in my nether regions. There's just nothing like your first rock-star crush, especially when you're so young that you really don't understand those "special feelings".

I can vividly remember hating Jamie Lee Curtis for a while, just because one of the teen-mags reported that he was dating her. My heart beating faster every time his videos came on MTV, back when MTV actually showed music videos. Weeping with joy and frustration at the sight of the black & white liner photo in "Strip"... and don't act like I'm the only one who remembers that pic!

I think he sticks out so much in my memory because he was my first. Long before I was a Duranie and wanted to have John Taylor's children, or thought that Michael Jackson and David Bowie should have a battle to win my hand, Adam Ant was there. Damn, I'm old.

2 comments:

battynurse said...

ooh, I remember when MTV used to play actual music videos. And they used to dim the sound for commercials. Can't say I ever got into the Adam Ant thing though. I was more of a heavy metal rocker chick at that time of my life.

Mama Shel said...

I was almost too little for the Adam Ant craze. Now I hear "Don't drink, don't smoke - what do you do?" and I think of my OWN uneventful, 4 months along life.

*sigh*