Monday, June 04, 2007

Total randomness

I've been a bit in the dumps for the last couple of weeks, and just haven't felt like writing. Writing is often a catharsis; but sometimes for me, when the feelings are soul-deep, even writing doesn't help. So, here's a very disjointed update on my world:

*Two weeks ago on Sunday, one of my oldest and best friends--who happens to be the only other female in my group without children-- called me up to tell me she's pregnant. She'd only found out hours earlier. The funny/ironic/sad part is that she and her husband had the textbook "oops" moment. One frisky night without a condom (after she'd JUST gotten off the Pill), and a month later she realizes that she's two weeks late... and knocked up. I'm thrilled for them, but can't help feeling a little bit of sadness that I am now officially the last childless woman in my huge social circle.

*Okay, so technically, there is another chick in my circle who doesn't have kids (Martha), but since she doesn't WANT kids, and has had her tubes tied, I don't think she counts. Martha is probably one of the most spitfire women I've ever known, and I cherish the day that I met her. If you've ever watched "Will & Grace", and know the character Karen, well, then you know my friend Martha. If you take away the constant pill-popping and obscene wealth, but leave the basic Karen personality, then you have Martha. I love you, girly, and I hope your husband Hobbit gets his shit together.

*Despite the fact that I think it's useless, I'm continuing with my insems for the time being. I honestly think I just have tubal issues, and nothing will get me pregnant except maybe IVF. And since that ain't gonna happen, eh. But the semen is free, so I'm not quite done yet with this TTC trip. Today I'm on cd 9, at the beginning of yet another cycle.

*I'm starting to venture out again, doing things other than just visiting friends' houses. I've been to see two movies in the last month, "Shrek 3" and "Pirates of the Caribbean 3". Actually, just saw "Pirates" yesterday, and I have to say that Mr. Depp is still looking mighty fine, despite being 104 years old and sporting a grill that could make a West-coast rapper weep with envy. Damn, but I like looking at pretty men! I might have to start doing Humpday Humpables again!

*In case you've somehow missed it, I am a big dork. I am anxiously waiting for the next Harry Potter movie (July 13th for you non-dorks). And then, once I've seen it, I'll go home and start marking off the days for the next week, when the final HP book comes out (July 20th). And just in case anyone was wondering--which I know you weren't-- I'll have a HP movie marathon in the week preceding the new movie, where I'll watch all the previous 4 movies. You know, just in case I've somehow managed to forget something from the 4,893 other times I've watched them.

6 comments:

SULLY said...

Kim~Another professed Harry Potter Dork here ;)

I can watch the first 3 movies 1000 times and still miss something :) Also, Amazon.com lowered the price of the book!!! Its already pre-ordered and is due to be shipped day of release!!!!

As for the baby making...we will get there...one way or another. However if when you are "done" if you would like I know a "child free not by choice" group and can give you the web address if interested!

battynurse said...

I keep meaning to read the Harry Potter books but then maybe I was just waiting for all of them to come out so I could read them all at once. I've seen a couple of the movies but don't remember all the details. Yes I admit to not being a nerd or whatever. Sorry about the friend pregnancy. Good luck with next AI.

Anonymous said...

You forgot me. :(

I read (and love) your blog regularly.

And I agree: more humpday humpables, please.

CLC in the ATL

Jen said...

Hey! Good to hear from you! I've missed reading your clever posts. I don't blame you in regard to being in too much of a funk to post. And I must say that even though you had some bittersweet news from your pregnant friend, you haven't lost your sense of humor - thanks for sharing that with us. I can't wait for the final HP book myself. I need to catch up on some of the movies though as I think that I haven't seen past 3. Enjoy your upcoming nerdfest. And best of luck on this try!

Anonymous said...

Heh, like I said, girl - you can have my baby once it comes out! I'm not looking forward to constant feedings, zero sleep and the panic of whatever happens to the little thing. Plus, I have no money for college.
So, as long as you don't mind the melanin difference there should be no prob!

As far as being a dork is concerned keep in mind I saw the Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie 7 TIMES!! ;)

Babe* said...

Sorry to about your last cycle. I had everything crossed for you.

I can totally relate to being the only person left in your group. I'm there too.

Like a previous commentor said...hope somthing good happens soon. You deserve it.