Monday, March 31, 2008

Bored Like Me

I am working the most boring job in the world for the next couple of weeks. My job is simple, and can be summed up in one word: filing. I am in a 20x20 room, most of which is filled with a mobile filing system. Apparently the A/R department decided to stop filing, and just hire a temp once or twice a year to get things caught up. I'm not kidding when I say I'm filing reports as old as from 7-8 months ago. Absolutely pathetic. There were three desks completely covered in stacks of papers, the smallest stack measuring in at about 18 inches high.

Don't get me wrong; I'm glad to have an assignment/work/pending paycheck. I just think it's wrong that there's a need for me to be there, you know? I kept thinking of George from "Dead Like Me" all morning long.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From a strictly bottom-line viewpoint, it's much cheaper to hire a temp for a few months every year than hire even a part-time employee who would have to be covered by worker's comp, vacation, etc. Makes ya wonder why they can't snag one of the employee's kids to do it during the summer or December break tho?

'Dead Like Me' is the perfect clip for your post! Another great series gone too soon.

Me said...

Lol. :) Miss you honey.