Monday, September 17, 2007

Just stuff

There's so much going on, and very little of it has to do with me! Cali is starting her donor egg IVF cycle; Sarah is gearing up for another round of IVF; Babe is the TWW of her 1st IVF cycle; and C & S are killing me with the wait for their ultrasound results.

I, on the other hand, am doing nothing exciting. This past weekend was lovely; the 100+ temperatures dropped down into the 80s, and it was gorgeous. I actually sat in the shade, reading "1632", and got a little cold. Cold?!? Freakin' fantastic! Even though it's back up in the 90s this week, I got a glorious reminder that autumn is coming eventually. Which reminds me that the 5th
Hallowchristgiving is coming up!

Before that, though, is a zombie-themed Halloween party. My group loves old B-movies, the worse the better, in our opinion. Many a Friday/Saturday evening has been spent with 8-10 people crammed in someone's living room, having "Bad Movie Night". It's a bit funny, actually, that I can watch something like "I Drink Your Blood", but have a problem watching modern horror movies.

Anyway, our love of old movies is being re-ignited with a zombie Halloween. I have no fricking idea of what I'm going to do about make-up; theatrical cosmetics is NOT my forte. Clothing & costume is no problem, but the make-up is going to be a bitch.

Can you tell that we take this stuff seriously, that I'm already thinking about Halloween 6 weeks early?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Halloween is my favorite holiday so I think 6 weeks early to plan a costume is very reasonable :-) Besides I got my first 2 'holiday' catalogs over Labor Day weekend :-( Leave my Samhain alone! ;-)

Debbe

Anonymous said...

Kim--feel free to hit me up for some 'theatrical' advice...I only charge a nominal fee. :-) (molly)