Friday, August 11, 2006

What's in a name?

Sometimes I am the most anal-retentive person on the planet.  When I sign up for things, and have to create a screen name, it becomes an agony-filled ordeal.  Because of course, I can't just be Hotstuff555; no, no, I have to spend an hour choosing just the right name for my purpose.
 
My mainstay, 15 year old email address is related to my long-ago dreams of writing: I choose a name derived from a fictional Persian storyteller.
 
My screen name on a site-that-shall-not-be-named (but that has to do with baby making), is Arabic and means "beautiful vision", which is how I felt about my dream of being a mother.  Of course, that was two years ago, before I became bitter and jaded, but I digress...
 
My identity here on Blogger, Meshkhent, is the name of a rather obscure Egyptian goddess.  She is a birth-goddess, associated with the birthing bricks that women would squat upon as they labored.  She was most often portrayed as a brick with a woman's head atop it.  So, since a lot of my writing will be about me, me, me wanting babies, babies, babies, I thought that somewhat appropriate.  And no, not because I'm as thick as a brick, smart ass.  I know you were thinking it.
 
See?  I told you I was anal-retentive.

No comments: