Thursday, August 10, 2006

The Answer to "Why?"

Okay, so a friend was checking out my new blog site and asked me where on earth the title came from. I can’t actually take credit for the phrase, but I’ve shamelessly stolen it for myself since it seemed appropriate.

One of my gal-pals, LL, is known in our social group as “The Innuendo-ator”. She has the remarkable superhero ability to make perfectly innocent remarks that are incredibly provocative to those of us with dirty--and juvenile-- minds.

So, one hot summer day, while the Gang was all together having a cook-out (and probably drinking far more than is wise while under the Southern sun), LL was fixing her plate, and her husband gave her a hot dog, fresh off the grill. She looked down at her plate, and saw where the hot dog’s juices were running everywhere from being punctured by the grill fork.

LL wrinkled her cute little nose and exclaimed, “You got weenie juice on my cookie!” There was dead silence for a moment, and then snickers began. Yeah, we were having a fifth grade moment, all right.

So, considering the fact that a part of what this blog will be about is my search for answers to my fertility problems, I figured naming it “There’s Weenie Juice on my Cookie” was pretty appropriate. So now you know. And as they used to say on GI Joe, knowing is half the battle.

1 comment:

Calliope said...

welcome to the blogosphere, gal!
glad to have another voice shouting from the same place.

&I am glad for the name explained!
xo