Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Look, Ma! No more blood!

I went to the doctor last week, and am happy to report that I am fine and dandy.  I had, as many had suggested, a withdrawal bleed.  I had considered that possibility, but dismissed it because as a PCOSer, believe me, I've had many a withdrawal bleed over the years.  The problem was the severity of the bleeding, and the nature of the blood.  So of course, I had to have a twist.

 

Apparently, when my over-abundant lining began sloughing off, I developed an actual bleeding wound.  As in, lining coming out, but causing a small tear where it was disengaging, and then me bleeding from that tear.  Lovely.

 

It wasn't funny at the time, but looking back now—with a week's worth of time to see it—I can't help but giggle at my RE's plan.  I go in with a complaint of severe vaginal/menstrual bleeding, and his remedy is to have me do a round of provera to induce a bleed.

 

What.  The.  Hell?!?!?  I'd only just gone down to a spot or two, and he wants me to bleed some more?  But it all made sense when he explained things, although I have to admit that I haven't started it [provera] yet.  I was/am curious to see what my body is going to do, so I decided to give it a week or two and see what happens.

 

My biggest frustration about the RE visit was that he kept using baby-talk with me.  I don't mean that he was telling me that I had an owwie and he'd kiss it and make it better.  No, I mean that he spoke to me like I was a PCOS/infertility "virgin", using small words and over-explaining things the way he'd have to on an initial consult with a newbie.  While I can appreciate how much it would help a newb, I just felt frustrated because it was wasting time.  I didn't need a 5-minute explanation of how provera works, really.  I'm the one who, by the time we were 10 minutes into our initial consultation, had him asking me if I were in the medical field.  Seriously.

 

Anyway, that whole bleeding drama seems over, so I'm happy about that.  But the major suckage is that my RE is leaving the practice at the end of the month.  In fact, he's moving to the other side of the state to open his own practice.  I'm sad that he's leaving, and very jealous of the women in Chattanooga who'll get to have him as their RE.

2 comments:

bleu said...

YAY for an end to the bleeding. Boo for the RE moving.

Good to hear from you hun!!!

Billy said...

Glad to hear that the bleeding stopped :-)