Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Stupid= good news sometimes

After numerous phone calls, emails, and pleas, I finally got most of the mess with my old employers straightened out. It turns out that the big lump of money to the Realtor's Association (RA) actually hadn't been paid yet; my ex-employer was doing a preemptive billing to get me to pay before they paid the RA. The only reason I found this out was because in my fervor to find out as much info as possible, I was hounding a clerk at the RA, who told me that my account hadn't been updated/paid for yet. So I had the clerk double and triple check, then called ex-employer (EE).

EE then checked their records, and couldn't see where they'd made a payment. Finally, the lady at EE who was handling all this exclaimed, "Oh, you know what? I didn't send that payment in, because the bill is still in my Inbox. I think I went ahead and billed you, so we could get your payment in before we had to pay RA." What the fuck ever. At least this one time, after as much BS I went through with idiots at home office, EE's incompetence actually saved my ass. Since they hadn't made the payment, and don't need to since I'm retiring my license, no harm/no foul. Except that I was worried sick about it for days on end. Stupid bastards.

Of course, the insurance issue is still out there, but I can't do anything about that. The insurance co. said that since a company check paid for the premium, then a representative of the co. would have to make the written request for the policy to be cancelled and a refund issued. Anyway, it seems like that ordeal is 80% over, thank goodness.

No comments: