Wednesday, April 25, 2007

CD1, RE visit, and The Plan

Today was cycle day 1 and also RE day, the visit with Dr. McHottie. And while I was really looking forward to the visit, I was not looking forward to the horrible traffic, the highway construction around the hospital campus that I swear has been going on for the last 5 years, and of course, the idiotic driving of my fellow motorists caused by the fact that it's raining. So even though the appt. is only about 10 minutes away--under normal circumstances-- I left about 45 minutes early just to be on the safe side. Geez, why can't I do that for work?!?

As soon as I walked in, I was astounded that there was another patient in the waiting room. You see, even though the waiting room is really swank (nice wallpaper and paint, pseudo-Oriental wooden panel screens, a water feature, etc.), it's almost always empty when I go in. They tend to very quickly work you up, and send you behind the hallowed doors to a more private waiting area (what I call the holding pen) in the rear of the clinic.

Anyway, the other patient in the waiting room was busy talking away on her mobile phone, arranging for someone else to handle a deposition. She was one of those women who're so put together that you feel ugly & awkward just from sitting too close to them. Yes, and there I was in my sensible business-casual black pants and cranberry top. Completing my look of total mediocrity were my nice and comfy black loafers, and the hoodie sweater I grabbed as I ran out of the door this morning because I needed something to wear between the door and the car. Oddly enough, I didn't feel as weird as I usually would, since I figured her ovaries probably sucked, too. Inadequate reproductive organs are a great equalizer.

Yeesh, but I'm rambling today! So I get into one of the consultation rooms, and Dr. McH comes in. He asks me, quite tentatively, if I'd mind if a resident came in to listen. I assure him that it's fine, and then when the resident came in, I assured him as well. I mean, once you've had 4-6 people in a room with you while you have dildocams shoved up your hoo-hah, you quickly lose your sense of modesty regarding doctor's offices. I mean, sure, I wouldn't just start stripping down while people were in the room, but once I'm under that glorious paper sheet, you can start collecting a $5 cover charge and let in the masses.

I gotta admit, though, that it has crossed my mind that this cycle will be the first one where people from Dr. McH's clinic will be all up in my southern exposure. All my other exams and procedures have been elsewhere, so this will be new. Maybe I should shave my pubes in the shape of a sperm just to get some laughs. I'm not sure exactly how that would work-- I mean, where would the tail go?-- but that's something to think about another day.

Dr. McH and I are in agreement on trying femara again for mild ovarian stimulation. And yes, we're doing u/s monitoring and a hcg trigger once I get a nice, juicy follicle ready. So, everything's on track. I have a new script for femara, and my first ever script for Ovidrel. Woot!

3 comments:

Babe* said...

I can't wait to stalk your progress. I've got fingers and toes crossed for you. Let's hope the Femara does the trick and you see a BFP in about 28 days!!

SULLY said...

Where would the tail go...ha ha ha.

Good luck with this cycle!!!

battynurse said...

I don't think I could see a Dr. McHottie. And I love the idea of the sperm shaped pubes. That would be very intersting. Good luck with the Femara, I hope you soon get that BFP.