Thursday, February 14, 2008

I got a callback

Good Lord, I can't believe it. At 5pm-- yes, people, at the end of the typical business day-- I got a phone call from one of the companies to which I sent my resume. The lady who called asked if it were a good time to do a telephone interview... of course I said yes! We talked for about 10 minutes, and at the end of it, she asked if I could come in Monday afternoon for another interview, and to take skills tests.

Everybody, cross your fingers, toes, eyes, etc. that this thing goes well Monday! I feel a teeny bit hopeful, since I obviously at least passed her 1st hurdles in the phone interview, and get to go in for a face-to-face. I know there's no guarantee, but I'm at least getting to put my foot inside the business' door.

::

Oh yeah... Happy Valentine's Day. It's really a meaningless day for a singleton like me, but I suppose some of you might be looking forward to romantic dates tonight. I'll be watching movies about love gone wrong; kinda appropriate for a bitter single gal, don't you think?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh, I spent my Valentine's night holding a screaming baby and trying to remember the last time I actually had something to eat. At least you got to spend it in quiet. ;)

Good luck with the interview!!

Anonymous said...

I watched the same movies yesterday :-) And hurray! on the 2nd interview!

Familyofthree said...

Good luck on Monday! I hope you get a YES!

Sam said...

Maybe the callback was your Valentine's Day gift. Much better than a box of crappy chocolate!

Anonymous said...

already beaming you good monday mojo.
xo

Me said...

I think Valentines Day is Dumb.