Thursday, May 10, 2007

CD 16: hcg trigger day!

Just 48 hours after my last u/s, my 16mm follicle has grown to a nice, plump 20mm. So I was told to trigger, and systems are go!

Despite the fact that I love watching the techs when they draw my blood, and that I have several body piercings, I have to admit that I was nervous about the trigger shot. Not because I'm afraid of needles--obviously I'm not!-- but because I had to give it to myself. There's something about sticking a needle into your stomach that just gives you the willies, at least the first time.

I worked myself into a tizzy over it, and it turned out to be as easy as pie. I didn't even feel it, the needle was so fine, and the medicine didn't burn or anything. So now it's on to insems, and then the NEXT wait: the dreaded two-week wait.

No comments: