Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Shit!

I swear I will post all about how wonderful Hootenanny was before the month is up.  Really.  But something else has happened.  I didn't go in to work yesterday because I'm sick.  I came in today, even though I'm still hacking and blowing and feverish and all, only to discover that 43 employees here at HQ were laid off yesterday.  And that more lay offs are expected.
 
!!!!!
 
Let me reiterate: 43 employees HERE, not company/worldwide.  Right here at corporate headquarters.  Which is roughly 10% of the people working here.  Holy shit.  I might be unemployed again before the week is up.  Fuck.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

43?! And you? The brilliant and beautiful Kim, were you spared?

Sam said...

You said that your new OB/GYN doesn't beat around the bush. Heh heh. Hi, I'm a twelve year old boy. :)

Anonymous said...

Yikes! That's not good. My husbands company employed 200 people at the beginning of this year. They are down to 50. So far he's managed to skate by the big wigs without being seen. I hope you can skate by as well.