Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Invisible woman part 2, or "Her Giant (Baboon) Ass"

Okay, now back to Gluteus Giganticus: So, yeah, I need to lose a stupid amount of weight, because I have gained a stupid amount of weight.  It is negatively influencing my blood pressure, edema, and my menstrual cycles (WHAT menstrual cycles?!?).

 

I have not had regular cycles since my miscarriage, which is normal for a bit.  But it never improved, and now I know it's because of the weight gain.  My new ob-gyn is increasing my metformin to 1000mg, as I was on a super-low dose of 500mg.  She wants it more like 1500-2000mg, but doesn't want me to blow out an O-ring, so we'll gradually increase it over the next few months.

 

When I thought about my upcoming vacation, I thought, "Well, as weird as it is, I'm kinda glad I'm having mega 2-3 month cycles right now.  Since I just got my period at the end of May, I won't have to worry about the Red Sea when I go on vacation over Fourth of July weekend."

 

Guess who increased their metformin dose around cd11?  Guess who unexpectedly ovulated around cd23?  Guess who, by their best estimate, will not only have their period, but will be having their heaviest flow on the same day as an all-day, outdoors in the middle of nowhere music festival, whilst on their first vacation in two years?

 

Yay me!

 

So, keep an eye peeled for a post-vacation update featuring embarrassing moments like baboon-red asses from bleeding through while waiting in mile-long porta-potty lines.  Huzzah!

2 comments:

Mama Shel said...

I still check in on ya, Kimmy. Still love you, too. :(
Did you get the email I sent last week with the link to an old techno song we used to dance to?
I'll try and get you on the phone this week.

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog after googling clomid baby tshirt. I have not found any tshirts...

I am on my third DIUI after 3.5 failed IVFs. I have lost three pregnancies and the scale has been creeping up. and up. and up.

So, even though I do not know you at all, I feel you and just want to say gl and have a great vacation.